Tuesday, August 31, 2010

Random Musings......

I've spent a fair few hours on buses and planes over the last few days... and I got to thinking...
Travelling makes you realise a few things.... here's 10 of my most very random thoughts....

1. You never need as many clothes as you think you do
2. Every place you visit is unique and has its own 'on of a kind!'
3. When you look at a map, Australia really is at the end of the world :)
4. It's very hard to get 'proper lost' (as the English would say)
5. Mental maths is a very good thing (especially for currency conversion)
6. Everything costs more than you bargained for, even if you tried bargaining
7. Even if you think you can't, you most definitely can
8. When you are travelling you will do, say and wear things that you most definitely would not at home - and if you do it overseas you may as well just do it at home too. In the end, who cares?!!?!? (watch out for me when I get back.... !)
9. People are the same everywhere and 98% of them are really friendly
10. Everywhere you go there is a fantastic mountain to climb!

There's plenty more randomness to add here but that's my list for today.

Now.... off to make sure I don't get proper lost in the massiveness that is Dubai International Airport! Better check on me in a few days to see if I made it to South Africa :)

Have a great day everyone!!
xxx

5 comments:

  1. Ha ha love it!! can't believe you actually wrote number one :) i reckon someone else edited your post!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You handled the maze of Marrakech, so I'm sure you'll handle Dubai airport! Love your musings. xo

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Sarah! Missing you already, hope you had a good flight to Capetown? Enjoy the wine tours *hic hic*. You're more than welcome to come and stay anytime...then I'll organise a proper safari, hope you're tempted!!
    Cheerio!

    ReplyDelete
  4. LOVE your musings......cant wait for more - I am sure you will be a even more fun to be round when you get home........will be watching

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hey everyone :)
    Hannah - glad to hear you enjoyed the list and amazingly i did write it ALL myself :) hee hee
    Mel - I did manage that airport, although i did nearly miss my flight due to lack of concentration :)
    Jo-Ellen - it was so FABULOUS to see you and I will definitely be back to visit one day sooner rather than later hopefully. You live in an incredible country. The wine in South Africa is amazing! I had a great time with the family trialling a few bottles :)
    Yvette - hey, hey, glad you enjoyed! plenty of stories when i get home, that's for sure :) see you soonish

    ReplyDelete