Sunday, August 1, 2010

Absolutely Astonishing Austria

From Vienna we travelled to Bad Gastein, a little town in the Austrian Alps. It was so stunningly beautiful. The views were unbelievable! We stayed in an amazing hostel - it actually felt like a hotel - definitely the nicest hostel we've stayed in!

While we were there the weather was FANTASTIC (no fog to speak of so I could see all of the mountains clearly!!!) and we did some hiking. I loved every minute! We spent a wonderful few days in a small part of God's creation, being constantly reminded that our God is so powerful and mighty. A definite highlight of my trip!

Enjoy the photos - they are some of my favourites :)

The views as we came in on the train - and it just got better and better!

We were at the hostel for about 2 minutes - I was itching to get out and hike! This is a view over the town we stayed in

Pretty as a picture - the mountains that is! Mel and I met Christina at our hostel and she joined us for a walk into the mountains

Ah, the view! I could look at views like this forever - soothes the soul

Stopping for a fruit break on our longest hike - doesn't get much better than this!! I LOVE IT!!!!!!!!!!!!

And then we found snow, because that's what you find on mountains - even when it's 27 degrees :) When you find snow the only thing to do is build a snowman. Unfortunately Aussie the Austrian snowman is quite small - my hands were too cold to make him any bigger :) Snow is still cold - even when the sun is shining!

I couldn't get enough of the view, as you can see!

Can you see me??!?!?!! I scrambled down a slope and up another to get this shot - and the views were definitely worth it! I am sure you can see why I loved this place so much :) Send me back there anyday!

2 comments:

  1. Stunning pics mate :) keep em coming!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. thanks mate! i can't believe them myself when i flick through :)

    ReplyDelete