Monday, July 26, 2010

Fashion Tragedies and Bag Explosions

Dearest readers,

Let me introduce you to two words that have become part of my vocabulary in the last few months.

1. Fashion Tragedy - a fashion tragedy usually occurs when one is backpacking, as a result of a limited wardrobe and a lack of washing. There are various things that can be classed as a fashion tragedy e.g. socks that don't match with shoes, wearing hiking boots in the most inappropriate places, wearing shorts and t-shirts that don't really match and generally looking like a dag. A fashion tragedy is made even better when your backpack becomes your frontpack. This may seem weird to you but it helps me keep tabs on my wallet!!

2. Bag Explosion - a bag explosion usually happens within 5 minutes of arriving at your destination. As you can imagine, it occurs when you unzip your bag and the contents fly out, seeming to have a mind of their own. The best and most impressive bag explosions happen when more of your bag's contents are spread out around the room rather than being in the bag, which is where they belong.

I think I may re-invent the term bag explosion when I get home. The new word will be room explosion. For room explosions I take no responsibility. Bag explosions and room explosions happen all by themselves!

A fashion tragedy I spotted in Vienna. You will know that I've been travelling too long if you see me doing this..... IT'S NEVER GOING TO HAPPEN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

A little example of a fashion tragedy. This one isn't too bad :) Note the hiking boots, knee brace, frontpack and hairpiece :)

One of the best bag explosions I've had!!! (There may have been some interference for the sake of the photo...)

No comments:

Post a Comment