Monday, May 31, 2010

The land of the leprechauns - take 2

Hello everyone,
Here are some more pictures of my amazing Irish adventures! I've seen so much of the country, met so many great people and visited some incredibly beautiful places. Ireland is a stunning piece of God's creation, there is no doubt about it. When you explore the country side you can't help but sing, 'Our God is an Awesome God', for His works of creation here in this land of green truly are awesome!
Below are some pictures of my first 5 days in Ireland :) Enjoy them!
Love Sarah xx
My first glimpse from the plane window

Hillary, Cat & Liz - three girls from Pennsylvania that I met on my first day here. We spent the next day together exploring Dublin and visiting the Guinness Brewery - where you have a pint of Guinness of course!

I've never been a huge fan of Guinness, I'm sorry to say. I did think that drinking it in Ireland may change my mind... while I can get through a pint, I can't say that I've been converted to the black stuff.....

The next day I began a road trip with Kylie and Nat - two girls I met at the hostel! They asked me if I was interested in joining them and within the hour I had packed my bags, had breakfast, showered and was on the road with them. A fantastic few days!! Here are some high crosses - you see them in graves all through Ireland. While they have various meanings, these high crosses mark graves and were thought to ward off evil spirits. High crosses were also carved, some depicting Bible stories, which are described as pictorial sermons. Really interesting!

I love this! Stone walls, which you see all throughout Ireland, when you get out of the city. I really love how you can see the green grass through the wall. Something little that really excited me :)

A monastic site - we explored this site really well - the graveyard, round tower, cathedrals and other buildings. We spent a lot of time here, due to the fact that our car keys went missing somewhere in the fields.... they fell out of Nat's pocket and after 5 hours of searching we were wondering what to do... the kind man who lived nearby had been helping us look and he came across them. Unbelievable! I was so glad to be in a bed that night :)

The stunning Cliffs of Moher! We walked along the top of these cliffs, absolutely stunning! Photos just don't do justice...

They were very high - Dad, you would have hated it!

Kylie, Nat & I

Rolling green hills, beautiful, aren't they?

Green hills, stone walls and sheep running all over. A real picture of Psalm 23 - 'The Lord is my Shepherd'

The cute coastal town of Dingle. We enjoyed fish and chips for dinner looking over the water, was a really lovely way to end the day!

Saw this sign in one of the shop windows. Classic, hey!! Didn't bother finding out if there were any worthwhile ones :)

As we were driving around we happened across this old castle. Was loads of fun scrambling through it - still had some stairs intact, so we clambered up and were rewarded with an amazing view! Spot me there? That's the highest we could go unfortunately...

Classic Ireland - a beach, with a stone ruin.... only in Ireland! Oh, and probably Scotland too, but haven't been there yet.... :)

The Blarney Castle
and the rest of the photos are on my previous post! Am pleased to find the internet is being more cooperative today :)

No comments:

Post a Comment