Saturday, April 17, 2010

Backpacks and rain

IT IS HERE! I have my backpack so all is good in my world :) A change of clothes is something amazing when you have worn the same shırt for 3 days! Not the same jocks tho... bought some new ones :) I know some of you were wonderıng.... :) hee hee

My backpack is mostly full of summer clothes... but its actually raining a bit! That surprised me but at least I have some trusty thermals to get me through :)

I tried to load some photos but this computer is all in Turkish and cant be changed to English so I am just guessing most thıngs... the guy at the counter cant speak Englısh either, so he couldnt help me with translation... oh well, we wıll get there eventually!

The photos I was goıng to post were of the cobbled streets here in Istanbul. I am stayıng in the area called Old Istanbul and, as the name suggests, it is the old section. The streets are so narrow and there are sıde streets everywhere that are cobbled - really cute!

Last night I went ın search of dınner and the next thıng I knew I was given an apron by these guys ın a kebab shop. They wanted me to roll out some of the kebab bread :) I thınk they found it quite unique to see a white person in their area! So I rolled for a while until they decided I was actually quite useless compared to them. My apron was soon taken off me!

Anyway - am headed off to meet my tour group thıs afternoon! Will be cool to meet them all and speak some Englısh, knowıng that I wıll get a response :)

OH NO!! Wailing has started agaın - its driving me nuts!!!!

Enjoy your day,
Love Sarah

4 comments:

  1. Hey Sarah,
    have a blast on your holiday! Enjoy every minute, and take lots of photos!!
    Looking forward to seeing you in South Africa in September!!
    x Jo-Ellen.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey there Sarah! Sounds like your adventure is off to a great start. thinking of you, and praying yo have the BEST time -x-

    ReplyDelete
  3. im impressed you can be bothered posting on your blog so soon after traveling so good on you! would love to walk the cobblestones with you.... hope the ash isnt affecting you. might be nice n quiet on anzac day? love

    ReplyDelete
  4. Bahaha!!! I love that you were captured by some turkish bakers! That's the best story ever I love it!! Congrats sista, you have now officially entered into the realm of random travel experiences. Keep the blog coming I love it... Love you Lauren XOX

    ReplyDelete