Friday, December 3, 2010

The End of an Era

It's time to hang these up for a while...


And so ends my blog. It's the end of the trip of a lifetime. It's the end of all of those years of dreaming. It's the end of all of those months of planning and reading travel books and brochures. It's the end of all of those months of wondering what it will be like. It's the end of putting on my hiking boots pretty much every day. It's the end of living out of my backpack... for the moment!!
It's the end in a lot of ways but it is most definitely NOT the end of travelling for me. As I have said, there will be plenty more where that came from :) I will go again. Who knows when and who knows where? Maybe NZ or Canada or Egypt or back to some of my favourite places in Europe. Or back to South Africa. Or to those countries I missed that are now on my list - or rather, have been moved UP the list!

It's an incredible world out there. God is so great! His works are wonderful! I am and have been constantly reminded of His Power and Might and am so thankful to have been given this amazing experience. It's a great blessing. I will treasure it always.

I'd like to finish with the lyrics to the song, 'How Great Thou Art', it expresses God's greatness beautifully.

Enjoy - I'm sure you'll sing along in your head :)

Verse 1
O Lord my God, when I in awesome wonder,
Consider all the works Thy hand has made,
I see the stars, I hear the mighty thunder,
Thy pow'r throughout the universe displayed;

REFRAIN
Then sings my soul, my Saviour God, to Thee,
How great Thou art! How great Thou art!
Then sings my soul, my Saviour God, to Thee
How great Thou art, How great Thou!

Verse 2
When through the woods and forest glades I wander,
I hear the birds, sing sweetly in the trees;
When I look down, from lofty mountain grandeur,
And hear the brook and feel the gentle breeze;

REFRAIN

Verse 3
When Christ shall come, with shouts of acclamation,
And take me home, what joy shall fill my heart!
Then I shall bow, in humble adoration,
And there proclaim, "My God, how great Thou art!"


REFRAIN

That's it from me! So I will say good bye, see ya later, hosca kalin (Turkish), tot ziens (Dutch), tot siens (Afrikaans), dovidenja (Croatian), na shledanou (Czech), au revoir (French), auf wierdesehen (German/Belgian), ciao/arriverdeci (Italian), ma as-salaama (Moroccan), adios (Spanish), slan go fóill (Irish Gaelic), beannachd leat (Scottish Gaelic), hwyl fawr (Welsh), uf widerluge (Swiss German), pfueatte/abe d'ehre (Austrian German) eddi/bis dann (Luxembourgish), so long, farewell, see you, catcha later, cheerio, bye, God be with ye!

Love Sarah xxx

No comments:

Post a Comment